Welcome to the aRKaDieM Weather Station
I am on my second weather station having had my original Maplins N96GY (also known as WS-1090) USB Wireless Weather Station since November 2011.
Since the rain meter and update frequency started becoming flaky - I decided to upgrade to a Ambient Weather WH-1401-IP Weather Station.
The main difference between the two is that the new station connects via IP gateway rather than USB to PC (or Raspberry Pi in my case).
To view the log history for the original weather station - the detail can be seen here
The other main difference is that there is an auto upload facility to Weather Underground so I have moved to push to the online service and call the API to update this site.
- Ambient Weather WH-1401-IP
- Weather Underground API
Improvements / Change Log
Saturday 14th - Tuesday 17th April '18
- Playing with the API - making a change to this site in terms of brining the data in from Weather Underground and not the orginal weather station.
Sunday 15th April '18
- Twitter alerts have been reinstalled from the Weather Underground data. I have expanded the template to the new Twitter allowed length of 280 characters.
- There is much more data coming through now to make it more relevant. Schedule is still set to 1hour inverals.
Saturday 14th April '18
- I have mounted the weather station on a scaffold pole and erected it in the garden about 10ft high. Although it is not 100% secured I am testing the position for wind and rain monitoring.
- Once confirmed I will secure properly by fixing it to the wall.